Terms and Conditions
Our passion as a company is to develop relationships with outstanding companies and individuals who excel at what they do, and make their dreams a reality even faster. Being a client of Compass Point Media confers rights to you as the customer; this document covers, specifically, your responsibilities as a customer. If you have any questions, feel free to call or email us anytime and we'll be happy to address them. We look forward to working with you as a team and being a partner in your success.
1. <generally> Compass Point Media's invoices are due Net 10 (Net balance of invoices due within ten days of the day of invoicing, not receipt), unless either specifically indicated on the invoice or in a written agreement with you. Unpaid invoices are subject to a $20.00 late fee as well as 1.5% interest per month for the period they are unpaid.
2. <generally> Compass Point Media typically sends out invoices for web hosting (for sites running on our servers) and/or maintenance in 6-month increments, from January through June, and July through December. Invoices for hosting are due before the the first day of that hosting/maintenance period, regardless if the customer receives the invoice by mail or not (hosting/maintenance will have been specified in writing or by an email quote to the customer). Unpaid hosting/maintenance is subject to a $20.00 late fee as well as 1.5% interest per month for the period it is unpaid.
2b. <generally> Hosting goes into effect for new clients effective the day of a signed agreement or contract and also spans the development period (which may be 1-2 months depending on the complexity of the application) unless specified otherwise. Remember, we will be using our servers to run usage tests, load tests and demo links to the site even before the site is active.
2c. <generally> For new clients, hosting for less than 3 months will be billed through the next 6-month period. For example, hosting starting on either May or June 1st will be billed for either 8 or 7 months of hosting, respectively, through till December of that year. Hosting of 3 months or more will be billed through the current billing period.
3. <generally> Compass Point Media's job is to keep our sites and applications up and running, available to the outside world or your company for productivity and access. Our goal is to build sites and applications that are long-lasting. Cancellation of service is easy; it only requires that you notify us at
or in writing to:
Compass Point Media
1204 Marlton St.
San Marcos, TX 78666-2736
and state the specific service(s) you wish canceled. NOTE that pointing a domain name to another server; allowing a domain name to expire; starting another website; or abandoning the website or not keeping up with it, do NOT constitute sufficient notifications of cancellation. Again, you have the responsibility of notifying us in writing or by email.
4. <generally> Compass Point Media reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for transferring a domain name that we reserved to another registrar, or making any transfer of a digital certificate. Pointing a DNS setting to another nameserver and adding mx records will be done at no charge.
5. <generally> Compass Point Media divides its billing into two separate periods, January-June and July-December. It is our passion that your domain names remain yours. Domain names that we reserve and maintain will be billed for renewal for three years in advance if the domain name will expire within the NEXT billing period. For example, suppose today is December 1st of 2018, and the domain name mydomain.com expires on November of 2019. When we bill for the January-June of 2019 period (normally on December 1st of 2018), that domain name will be billed for 3 years of renewal, because November of 2019 falls within the next billing period. We will renew the domain name(s) upon receipt of payment for that invoice. Your domain is important to you and therefore to us; help Compass Point Media keep your domains from expiration and loss.
6. <generally> By using Compass Point Media you are agreeing to these terms and conditions of service. Terms and conditions are subject to change from time to time; customers are subject to the current terms and conditions posted on this page unless specifically stated in a written agreement, signed by both Compass Point Media and the customer prior to the start of the project.